Friday 30 January 2015

Shoot day 1 & 2

On the first shoot day I was doing production. The day was split in to two for everyone. One half would do a job for the first half of the shoot, then the other person who had that job would take over. For the first half of the shoot I was doing production backstage. This pretty much consisted of doing odd jobs like making tea for the crew, as well as helping take pictures of the shoot. After tea, I got to take over the role of producer. This consisted of watching out for continuity errors as well as readying the sound and camera crew for the directors command. I felt Like I learnt more about what production was and I decided after the first shoot day that it wasn't really for me. I understand its a very important role but I didn't really feel like I would want it as a carrier. The reason I think I didn't enjoy this job was mostly because it felt like there was a lot of pressure on what I was doing and where I had to be. The first shoot day went very well and we managed to fit in all the shots we had scheduled for the first day. However, towards the end of the shoot, as it was getting late, the elder actor did seem to get progressively more tired.

On the second day my role shifted to my second choice, set design. my role took place in the afternoon segment of the shoot which was quite important as I was a part of the movement from our first, main location, to the second location. This meant moving the equipment required as well as all the props we needed. Me and Holly were set with the task of turning the front room of the house we were shooting at, into that of a drunken fathers. we also had to move around some of the furniture in order to make space and set up the shot we would need. a way of making sure everything was right was to have one of us sat in the corner where the camera would face and check what would and wouldn't be in view. When our job was done we helped return things to the main sight. I preferred the set design job as I enjoyed the process of placing the props and checking they were in just the right place.

Day 1:

Me reading the shoot schedule on the first day:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/signalfilmandmedia/15824526748/in/set-72157649732721051

Pictures being taken behind the scenes:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/signalfilmandmedia/15389671504/in/set-72157649732721051

Day 2:

Moving the equipment into the house:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/signalfilmandmedia/15899384328/in/set-72157649886201882

The table we covered in empty cans:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/signalfilmandmedia/15826412207/in/set-72157649886201882

No comments:

Post a Comment